Our core business is private portfolio management and investment advisory services. Caliber Investment Group is a specialized firm that focuses on in-depth economic research and proactive investment management, as opposed to passive buy and hold strategies. We spend our time understanding how current economic trends affect the future performance of our client's investments, and adjusting portfolios and our investment advice accordingly. We take asset allocation and diversification to the next level by applying an effective strategic and tactical plan to manage risk more effectively. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by thinking critically outside the box and offering real solutions to difficult economic issues. In today's challenging economic environment, our clients demand a knowledgeable, professional, and skilled investment advisor to manage their assets carefully and effectively.
Caliber Investment Group was founded in 2009 on the strong foundational principles of fairness and integrity. Caliber Investment Group is privately owned and independently managed. It is not affiliated with any other company or institution. As a small private firm, we value our independence, flexibility, and ability to make difficult decisions that benefit our clients without interference from a biased culture that so many public firms face.
Caliber Investment Group is a fee-only investment advisor. We are not a brokerage firm and we do not work on commissions. Our business model is simple. We align our client's interests with ours by offering fee-only investment management and advisory services. We charge an annual asset management fee for private portfolio management and a fixed or hourly fee for our investment advisory services.
Registered Investment Advisor & Fiduciary
As a registered investment advisor in the state of Connecticut, we always uphold our fiduciary responsibility to manage our client's investment assets well and to offer sound investment advice. We do not hold any of our client's assets and work with well-known custodians and service providers. Our clients always have control over and access to their assets for their protection.
Code of Ethics
Caliber Investment Group, LLC. has adopted the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
The Code of Ethics maintains that Members and Candidates must:
- Place the integrity of the profession and the interests of clients above their own interests
- Act with integrity, competence, and respect
- Maintain and develop their professional competence
The Standards of Professional Conduct cover:
- Professionalism and Integrity of the capital markets
- Duties to clients and employers
- Investment analysis and recommendations
- Conflicts of interest and Responsibilities of CFA Institute Members and Candidates
Caliber Investment Group, LLC. claims compliance with CFA Institute Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct. This claim has not been verified by CFA Institute.
The CFA Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct states that managers have these responsibilities to their clients:
- To act in a professional and ethical manner at all times
- To act for the benefit of clients
- To act with independence and objectivity
- To act with skill, competence, and diligence
- To communicate with clients in a timely and accurate manner
- To uphold the rules governing capital markets